|the big easy||Help Search Members Calendar Shop Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
out of character rules
1. REGISTERING ● Please register your character with their first name and last name in upper case letters. Do not post anywhere except for the Incomplete/Complete Application Process (do not post in pending), Faceclaim (reserves), Wanted Ads (if you're taking one), and Questions/Suggestions. You have three days to complete your application once you register. Once accepted, you have twenty-four hours to get your claims done - do not do claims until accepted! (implemented feb 29/16) No duplicate first or last names - similar spelling is allowed. Duplicate last names allowed in families.
2. RESPECT ● Be respectful of each other, of characters, and of plots. We don't tolerate unnecessary out of character drama around here; in-character drama is encouraged so long as everyone involved is on board. If you have a problem with another member and do not feel comfortable approaching him or her, feel free to run it by NAT or ELLE. We will help as much as we can. Additionally, keep in mind that anyone can view the cbox. Unnecessary swearing, offensive jokes, off color remarks etc should not have a home in our cbox. We want everyone to feel welcome.
3. APPLICATIONS ● An admin will review your application as soon as possible. If you posted in complete, please bump your app to say it is done. Do not call attention to it in the cbox, as the message may be missed. Any applications for a requested character will also be reviewed by the member who made the original request. Please do not contact any admin about the completion (pertains to guests) or approval (pertains to current members) of an application unless 12 hours has passed.
4. CHARACTERS ● There is a 8 character limit on this site. When making a new character - you need 50 posts on your last character (at least 15 in threads of 250+ words)! Please try to keep a balance between male/female AND keep all your characters active. We will keep an eye on your ratios and reserve the right to deny a character if ratios are skewed or if one of your characters is being neglected.
5. ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS ● Characters need to be posting at least once every five days. Longer than five days entails an absence and needs to be thrown up on the absence board so that people roleplaying with you are aware. For a detailed explanation of how activity checks will work on the site, please refer to the frequently asked questions.
6. RATING ● Please, put [m] in the topic titles of threads that might be considered "mature," such as those that contain content you wouldn't want your mother reading. Tag your trigger warnings at the front of your thread title with [tw]
7. WORD COUNT | We are a 250 word count site. We won't be checking every one of your posts but stay in this range because for activity checks only posts with over 250 words will be counted. Match your partner!
8. ADS | Ads may be bumped once every two weeks and you must use a site template to do so. Ads that haven't been bumped in two months will be archived. If someone posts and doesn't take the ad - do not bump it. Instead post in thread mod asking their post to be removed. guests please ALWAYS post in the ad you are taking before bumping your application to complete. requesters remind a guest taking your ad to post in the ad so we know whats going on!
in character rules
1. COMMON SENSE ● These are rules everyone should knows: no godmoding, no power-playing, no chatspeak, no spamming when in character. Use correct grammar, capitalization, and spelling.
2. PLAYBYS ● We have a +/- 5 year rule (implemented sept 15/15) with every playby and all playbys must be over eighteen. Please use signed actors, musicians or models for your playby. Keep all gifs and avatars appropriate (no nudity, lingerie, offensive materials etc) There is a standard of graphics we have here - if you can't make graphics we are happy to help, just post here
3. BE REALISTIC ● Your character can't skip five grades. Everyone can't have a photographic memory. Not everyone is famous. When plotting, make sure you look up the consequences to your characters' actions. Everything is a lot more fun if we know what we're talking about. For example, if you're doing a custody plot, look up the custody laws in Louisiana.
4. MANDATORY THREAD TEMPLATES ● We have provided you with some templates here. These are mandatory unless you are using your own code which is hosted externally on a stylesheet. You may contact Elle to add your coding to the site if you wish. phone codes are not mandatory, only thread templates.